Thursday, March 09, 2006

Tobie Puttock - QV Market Cooking School

Tuesday night Michael & I went along to the Queen Vic Market Cooking School to see Tobi Puttock whip up some pasta magic. Michael bought me some gift vouchers to this for xmas so he was dragged along to try it out too. Tobi was fantastic, making preparing your own pasta look like the easiest thing in the world which I beleive it is not from my prior disastrous attempts.

Anyway in the 2 -3 hours we were there he managed to make up Fresh Tagliatelle with a quick sausage ragu (pictured), was sensational, Rotolo di spinach, (also pic), very yum, Trofie with Pesto, green beans & potato, so easy I think this is the first dish I will attempy myself & equally delicious to the rest, potato gnocchi with an asparagus, lemon butter sauce, (pic) & also delicious, Super light ricotta gnocchi, yum, & zucchini raviolo with a zucchini flower sauce, this was really very good & looked sensational too. Can you believe how much he whipped up, cant believe how quick it all was & how tasty, I will definitely be trying these out myself in the coming weeks & showing you the results. For some reason, pasta is one of the things I am a bit intimated by & shy away from trying after a couple of very bad attempts, will ahve to be my new resoluton to master the art!


Michael enjoyed himself too though was still very hungry by the time we got home, forgot to mention that you only get tasting portions & not a whole meal!

6 comments:

plum said...

Oh that sounds like fun! I've seen some of his classes advertised at the Essential Ingredient but never made it along. He looks very sweet on tv.

Ange said...

Tobi was great, have done a few classes at the Market & for the most part they are all excellent!

Reb said...

SOunds good - don't let that pasta scare you off! Attack with gusto!

Amanda said...

I have a rotolo on my "to do" list and often think about making it for a special three course dinner but have been put off because of the effort that appears to be involved - Jamie Oliver recipe and the River Cafe Cookbook. I would love to know what you thought about the effort involved seeing as you did it, did you find it lots of work?

Ange said...

Tobie made the rotolo look really easy, as I havent done it from scracth myself yet I cant comment though will definitely try it out, his version didnt seem too tedious or time consuming at all

Amanda said...

I am looking forward to your instruction then!